Monday, October 16, 2023

Practice Self-care in tough times!

 To all my humanitarian friends who hurt because of their helplessness of not being able to intervene to alleviate human suffering. We watch the pain of innocent people and just hope and pray that the craziness will be over soon. But in many cases the wars continue for weeks, months and years even today in 2023! No technological innovation has found a way to stop wars! It’s hard to sit and watch children being killed, being orphaned and forced to watch the violence against their own parents! 


These extraordinary times demand that you take a little break from thinking about those who are out of your reach and indulge in self care before you collapse! For those of us who are paying attention to the suffering of the civilians on both sides, the heartache is probably double fold! But what is that we can do? I personally struggle with many questions. They say it is about religion, but is God ok with this craziness?? They say it is about the land, but do they want the land for the living or for mass burials?? I also know this is for the lust for control! But you know what, no one will live forever to retain this control. As they are killing women and children on both sides, one day they will perish too! Ultimately, no human being controls anything forever! Either you rape, oppress, and kill or you spread smiles, gift peace and support life! They have the choice, we have the choice, what will we select? 


I am going to choose to lean into my personal peace practices, as and when I can, so that I can spread smiles, gift peace and support life when I have the opportunity to do so! What about you? #selfcare #peace #relax #deepbreathe #war

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not OK

I am writing this on behalf of thousands of people, particularly the humanitarian workers around the world, who are not perfectly ok. Many o...