Monday, November 1, 2010

Every storm passes!

For the last three days, we have been talking about Tropical Storm Tomas in the Caribbean Sea and how it could impact Puerto Rico. My son watched the TV and shared our concern. He was even told that he might not be able to go out on the streets singing 'tricks o treats' and collect candies because of the rains. I was worried if he would be able to go to school the next day.

Thankfully, it didn't rain a lot in the evening and our son was able to enjoy the 'Halloween Party' (I am not a very big fan of this celebration but kids really seem to have fun on this day). It rained quite a bit during the night. At one point our son got very frightened. He woke up crying and didn't want to go to the school. It was still drizzling in the morning. After a little bit of struggle, he got ready and ate breakfast. By the time, we got in the car, the sun was out!

Our son a bit confused, asked us, "Why didn't you tell me that the storm was going to be over today"? I smile and said, "Shaanu, every storm passes! Whether the storm in the sky or in our lives, it passes and the sun comes out". While Shaan was still trying to understand what mummy is saying, papa explained further, "The best thing God made is minute after the other and life goes on." I am not sure if Shan understood everything but I know that the sunlight brightened with his smile.

Those of us who are experiencing tough times, keep the faith and do not let the hope die. No matter how dark the sky is and how loud the thunder maybe, the storm fades away, the sun comes out and life moves on!

3 comments:

I am not OK

I am writing this on behalf of thousands of people, particularly the humanitarian workers around the world, who are not perfectly ok. Many o...