Thursday, September 9, 2010

Great minds of our time coming together for global peace

Few weeks ago, I posted a question on this blog, 'How can we contribute to global peace at individual level?' Not many people bothered to reply to the question. But some people did. The responses were very inspiring and practical.  I would like share excerpts from their beautiful responses (you can find the full text of responses at: http://anjana-prewitt.blogspot.com/2010/08/question-to-all.html). 



MountainWave said...
I am a kinder, more patient, more understanding, more compassionate, more effective citizen/worker/friend/wife/sister/daughter when I take time to be quiet. Contemplative prayer/meditation is helpful in my quest for living as a peaceful member of our human family. Practicing quiet time on a regular basis also allows me to more readily acknowledge the conflict within myself, to be awake to my own inner experience, noticing conflict as it arises, not judging myself harshly, rather holding the awareness, tenderly, patiently. Often taking that time with myself makes a big difference. Negative emotions transform into understanding. From a place of understanding, I move forward differently than I would if I were "reacting" from a purely reflexive emotional place.

I'm me said...
Charity begins at home, therefore, one can only contribute to global peace if one is at peace with oneself.After that following a simple rule Of" Treat others as you want then to treat you".... Love, respect & dignity to your fellow human beings. Following this is not rocket science :)

Joe said...
Many times God sends answers to profound questions through simple mediums. Once I lived as a homeless person in a Beach. My constant companion were solitude and the sound of the waves as they hit the shore. One day some kids were making fun of me. I raise my eyes up high and asked “How can I have peace?” ….. Some days later I was looking at a crab, it was fairly big and had built a hole near some fallen palm leaves… The crab was out of her hole and every time she felt some critter came by she decided whether to attack or to go back to her hole. We have control of our inner self- instinctually, psychologically, physically and spiritually. We can choose when to excerpt control of our being. Through this crab God had answered my query. “I learned I controlled my feelings and my inner peace, that day, I learned that “peace” occurred when my actions did no harm to my brethren….”

Joydeep said...
Peace? What is it? Is it a feeling or a state of mind? Or is it the mere absence of fear? ... I believe that peace is an experience, which is independent of your surroundings, environment or financial wellbeing.
There goes a old story, a king once became very unhappy and restless. All his courtesans and well wishers tried different methods, but to no response. Then a monk walked in to his court and advised him to wear the shirt of a person who is at peace with himself. All the king's men ran out in different directions to find such a person. At long last and after a lot of efforts only one such person could be found, who seemed to be living in peace. But alas, he didn’t have a shirt on his back - he was a pavement dweller.
Peace cant be experienced until we make ourselves at peace. So when we believe that we are in peace, we can go ahead to spread the same feeling into our near and dear ones, and when we are able to ensure peace exists in our family, we can go ahead to "generate" peace in the neighborhood and so on and so on.
So be at peace with yourself, and you would involuntarily contribute to global peace.

Ajay Gerald Dayal said....
....
Hence we can conclude by saying, one of the ways that we all can contribute towards Global Peace is by putting the needs of others before our own. And follow the rule of ‘do unto others as ye wish others would do unto you!’ Global Peace can be achieved with tolerance towards all fellow humans and their ideologies. Another important facet of Global Peace is patience, to wait till the socio-economic conditions change, as everything does, when we are not in agreement with something or someone.
... This can be achieved through education and exposure via healthy interaction with others. Each and every action in our day to day life of sharing, caring and of tolerance and patience in the time of simple anxiety or extreme agony naturally and automatically contributes towards the Global Peace, and is recorded with the higher powers of the universe and is multiplied in other people’s lives in many different parts of the world on several different occasions, resonating forever in eternity.

1 comment:

  1. If I have a believe myself and understand the message from God, which requires a peaceful heart as well as mind. We learn a part of this from education, exposure to different aspects of life and from the nature. Then I, my family, our society, state and country itself move around the world of peace. The new born baby gives the smile for every one……………. Its really a peaceful moment and people feel relaxed and gives several reasons of smiles. My elder sister uses to donate something on occasion of Eid (festival) to the needy people for peaceful Eid since last few years. She suggests the same to her friends and well-wishers also to acquire peace in her life and also in the life of suggested members of society. Today this movement has built a chain, consisting of 20 friends with increasing tendency in every moment ………….thus we are proceeding to a peaceful world with peaceful deeds with a noble request of your hand for this movement from you all……………………..

    ReplyDelete

I am not OK

I am writing this on behalf of thousands of people, particularly the humanitarian workers around the world, who are not perfectly ok. Many o...